Thursday, January 15, 2015

Masculine Card Share

Hello everyone!

I hope you all are enjoying your week! Today I wanted to share a Masculine Card that I made for my hubby for his birthday :) I got this idea from a pin on Pinterest and in turn led me to Tim Holtz's blog where he used somewhat of a similar technique on a tag. I really love how it turned out!



I just toke a piece of black cardstock for the base of the card and another piece for the front. I glued down all the little junk findings as well as the letters and some dry wall tape. Then I started putting foil tape over the top using my bone folder and Making Memories Stylus/Paper Piercer. After everything was covered in the foil tape, I then painted over everything with some Black Soot Distress Paint and then I hit it with my heat gun for a few seconds then I wiped it away with a paper towel. I had to do some hard rubbing in areas but then I figured out that it is easier to use Sand Paper..lol!  I then added some Antiqued Bronze and Broken China distress paint here and there using the same technique. I then colored some metal washers and some brads that look like screws with some Alcohol Ink in Rust and Copper. I hope he likes it!

If you would like to check out my video that's over on my YouTube channel...here it is:



Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you enjoy the rest of your day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment